Lunch and a movie....literally
This past weekend we were out running errands when we started to get hungry, so we decided to try a place we had not been to before, the Dew Drop In Cafe. We have had some of their baked goods and breakfast dishes at the Saturday morning Downtown Marketplace, but we had never been to the cafe before. There was no parking out front, so we had to park at the Video 21 store, which we had both assumed was an adult-only video store but turned out to be a regular family video rental store. How did we find out this fact? Because once we got inside the cafe and found seats at the one counter, we realized that the cafe was INSIDE the video store. It was like someone took your grandmother's kitchen and just plopped in into your local mom-and-pop video store! The owner was a friendly older gentleman who claimed that the cafe had a good reputation because he doesn't spend much time there. We split a sandwich, but almost everyone else ordered big Belgian waffles loaded up with "straw and cream". I resisted those (because I had strawberry overload from the cupcakes) but we're already planning our return to this unique and quirky little place. Labels: Tallahassee

2 Comments:
I would have thought the same thing about that Video 21 sign!!! Is that where we'll be going with you this weekend?
Court, your strawberry cupcakes made my mouth water. I crave fruit this time of year, and I agree with you that strawberry desserts are "sooooo summer!"
See you soon!!
Adrienne
the best places are hidden like this...I went to an exclusive bar the other night in New York, and the only entrance was through the back wall of a phone booth in a run-down hot dog joint. It was the coolest bar I've ever been to in my life. I'm going to write about it on my blog soon. :) love you
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home